SARCOPHAGI [& PLAQUES]
(1) My S1-S62 listings follow the order in Snyder who inventories 12 sarcophagi & 44 fragments from Deichmann et al. as well as 7 fragments from Klauser, JAC 4 (1961): 132-133 notes 14-46 for a total of 63 items.
(2) But his Deichmann #942 is redundant with his Klauser note 37 (Snyder: 42-43), so that there are actually only 62 separate items.
(3) Thus from S63 onwards I am proposing items which should be added to his inventory (based on the same principles he used to detrermine S1-S62).
(4) Finally, Snyder uses all items in Klauser's JAC 4 (1961) footnotes except two:
(a) page 132, note 31 = Deichmann: #750 on page 308 & Plate 118, dated to the start of the fourth century, which should be added to his inventory as S72;
(b) page 133, note 42 = Deichmann: #795 on page 333 & Plate 127, dated to the first quarter of the fourth century, which should be kept omitted. See [S80].
(5) The dates accepted from Deichmann include up to "start of the fourth century" but ex-clude "first quarter" and "first third of the fourth century." The only exception to this is S23 which is dated "first quarter of the fourth century (?)."